The observing of the WULIN Zen Etiquette should secure a pleasant and positive atmosphere in which all zen students can practise and experience yoga with ease and in a relaxed and conscious way.
Zen is generally not bound to any rituals. At a public meditation group (Sangha) however, needs, demands and goals of each person are different and that is why certain rules are inevitable. They stimulate peace, clarity, attentiveness, consciousness and simplify the process.
These rules also support professional zen students and help those who are still at the very beginning of their zen practice.
- Cell phones (turned off) and bags have to remain in the changing area.
- Please remain considerate of others and do not disturb others even outside of the zen exercise rooms.
- Respect in general all traditional processes of a zen lesson.
- In case of injuries, limitations or other information relevant to the exercises, please get in touch with your zen instructor before each lesson.
- If you are sick or having a cold, please make sure to cure fully before returning to any public zen lesson.
- Respect your limitations. Do not put yourself in competition with others. Ambition, performance and comparison have no space in zen. It should be about fun exclusively.
- After the sessions drink non-sparkling water or warm tea. The WULIN zen academy will provide you with warm tea in “Samowar”. Abstain from carbonated and cold beverages. Wait for 30 minutes after any zen exercise before eating.
Do you still have questions? Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We would be happy to welcome you to our zen classes and wish you happy, peaceful inspiring and nice zen lessons.