Sandy Taikyu Kuhn Shimu
founder and head of the WULIN academy cert.
- health professional
- cert. psychological management trainer for individual coaching and personality development
- core curriculum in Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine
- cert. yoga therapist (IAYT)
- cert. yoga teacher (E-RYT 500)
- cert. yin yoga teacher
- qual. qigong teacher
- qual. martial arts master
- qual. Zen master
- further education in western psychology, philosophy, self-management, developmental and ducational psychology
- core curriculum in Buddhist psychology and Asian philosophy
- research and educational training abroad in Taiwan, China, Tibet, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and the Philippines
- author and writer
Since 1995, Sandy has been working fulltime as a teacher for the Asian arts of living and movement. The Zen dharma name »Taikyu« means ‘eternal peace’ and »shimu« means ‘motherly teacher’.
»Shimu« is a title predominantly used in martial arts and chan (‘Zen’ in Japanese).
Sandy’s teaching values:
Her lessons are characterized by a holistic perspective, mindfulness, compassion and by being real-life oriented. Psychological and philosophical aspects from Buddhism, Taoism, traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda are incorporated in her teaching with lightness and humor. It is of great importance to Sandy that the practice of traditional techniques is well-balanced. It further matters a great deal to her that her students can develop in accordance with their individual and personal abilities and opportunities. And that they may do so with cheerful serenity, dedication and joy – to then find their way back to themselves, to their inner strength, and to their true and original nature.
For further information please consult www.taikyu.ch or Wikipedia.