Silvia Koshin Jäkel
I see my full-time profession at the psychosomatic division for child and adolescence care at university clinic Basel as my calling. I enjoy working in a team, helping and guiding young adults to find their way back to themselves. The implementation of the Zen philosophy is a personal enrichment beyond words when it comes to the encounter between my clients, their parents, and me. In difficult situations, deep mindfulness and meditation give me the required peace and serenity.
Qi gong gives power, enhances stamina and keeps me flexible. The combination of Zen and qi gong strengthen my back internally and externally. A life without Zen and qi gong? Would be possible but no longer an option for me.
Education and trainings:
- Graduate nurse, with 35 years of work experience in somatic and psychosomatic medicine (oncology, neurology, internal medicine)
- Certificate of Advanced Studies FHNW (CAS) at the FH Olten – CH (Working with children and adolescence suffering from mental instability)
- Graduate teacher of Hui Chun Gong (TCM Academy Bad Münstereifel, taught by qi gong master Ms. Wang Li)
- Graduate teacher of Guo Lin Qi Gong (TCM Academy Bad Münstereifel, taught by qi gong master Ms. Wang Li)
- Graduate teacher of WULIN ZEN meditation (Swiss WULIN Academy Volketswil, taught by Zen master Sandy Taikyu Kuhn Shimu and Zen master Fredy Jundo Kuhn Shifu)
- Jukai Ceremony
- Training in Korean hand massage and acupressure taught by Dr. med. Georg Stefan Georgieff from Vienna